Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I play different roles in society


American Culture = Diversity and blend of culture background 

My name is Nancy Sofia Espinoza Pastora. I was born on September 4th, 1995 in the Fairfax, VA.  I am part of  many different american culture:
Growing up in the United States and my others sisters growing up in Nicaragua. All of us having a different experience growing up especially in different nations. I would always travel to my families country to get exposed to the culture and have some of the same experience. As a child my first language was English and slowly I have had to learn to gain that part of me to speak Spanish.



Provided By: NicaraguaNic 


As a child I really never cared of society and how I was viewed, but I mean as a child all you really cared about was to have fun and play with friends. Growing up in a Hispanic house hold is so different from many other ethnic backgrounds because most Hispanic parents are really strict and rigid. I remember my parents calling me inside at a certain time and the rest of my friends staying out late at night. I never thought of it until now how different I was compared to others.

Growing up I lived in a neighborhood semi-diverse and all my friends where from different culture and some where Hispanics from different countries. It was pretty interesting because I love listening to different types of music. I do not believe in excluding someone from a group just because of what they look like or who they are.

In high school I was part of Spanish Honor Society and I enjoyed it so much. I joined because helping my high school change their mentality about the Hispanic community and helped change the Hispanics on how to treat each other. Overall I was able to be part of group seniors that improved the quality of treatment within the society of the Freedom High School. I was able educated a group kids on the issues that we face on the daily basis in society. I was able to expose them to protests and I how to stand up for what believe in and never put your head down when you feel like you have something to say.

Provided By: Espinoza Pastora 

I remember always saying to myself I will date someone from Nicaragua not because of racial problems. I just always thought that was the right thing to do. Now I think differently and I realize that love does not come in ages,sizes, and culture wise. I am proud to say that I am happy with a Puerto Rican / Cruzan U.S Virgin Islander man. Cruzan is a person that is from St. Croix which is located in the U.S Virgin Island. He has helped me change my views on a lot of things and has exposed me to different things such as Asoka, Reggae, and  rap as well as hip-hop. He has helped me understand more about the struggles of other cultures and be more open to new things and other people.



Provided by: Espinoza Pastora 

My mentally from as a child has changed now as a young lady trying to follow her dreams in becoming a children psychologist. I believe that growing up in this nation has been something good because I have had the ability to know and experience how it feels to work at McDonald just to get paid minimum wage $7.25. I also have had the opportunity to now have a great stable job with a bit more pay, but still wanting to get up there. I want to be what my own mother couldn't have been  not because she did not want to, but because how hard it was for to be a single mother of three girls.

Provided by: Espinoza Pastora 


This society has shaped to be a great human being as much as possible. I have experienced things that I never imagined to experience as a child growing up. I have learned that my career should something that I could do by helping others, but also having options to switch around when it comes to who needs my help.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this post a lot Sofia. You have a really good background and speech going there. I am partially Hispanic as well, my nationality origin was Mexican. However, I'm a bit different. If you read my post, I grew up mostly white in America with my close family members went through the same thing as I did. Only my some of my cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and my grandparents family from my mom's side of the family are very Hispanic with mostly ties from Mexico and a little bit of Nicaragua. But they live out in the American Southwest and southern Alabama now days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong post, Sofia! What is interesting here is that you give us a few different cultures that intersect in your experiences, and you are even learning, through relationships, about the beauty of other cultures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with BCVC and get money from every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete